Starling Removal Services
Critter Control of Cape Cod's professional technicians have the experience and skillset to help remove your starling bird problem. Many products are designed to keep various species of birds from nesting in residential areas and are available for use on your property.
- Mesh Netting
- Bird Spikes
- Live Humane Trapping
- Sealing off any openings on the exteriors of buildings greater than one inch in diameter
- Trimming tree branches
- Fitting outdoor trash bins with lids
- Keeping gutters clean of debris
- Eliminating sources of water
Property owners can also employ some of the preventative measures listed above to make environments less favorable to starlings.
Common Starling Problems
As an invasive species, starlings cause their fair share of destruction. Some of the major issues that are caused include:
- Damage to fruit crops.
- Trouble on farms where livestock is kept by stealing food and spreading diseases.
- Damage to landscape when they gather in flocks of large numbers.
- Their droppings are odorous and contribute to the spread of respiratory disease histoplasmosis.
Starlings become aggressive when they feel threatened, and approaching them is unnecessarily dangerous. If there happens to be a flock of starlings causing you issues, call Critter Control technicians to eradicate infestations. Cutting-edge industry tools and extensive training keep our specialists and the birds safe throughout the removal process.