Many South Yarmouth area residents are unfortunately familiar with these miniature flying mammals. Although these critters are infamous for sucking blood in popular culture, they actually eat a steady diet of insects, which helps to keep insect populations down. It's no surprise they are found in areas near water, like Cape Cod, for this reason. Despite their helpful dietary preferences, bats are dangerous and actually quite hazardous to the safety of your home. If you have noticed bats around your Cape Cod/South Yarmouth area residence, contact Critter Control of Cape Cod today! Schedule your bat inspection or leave us more information about your bat problems here.
Bat Removal Services
Getting rid of bats can be challenging. We can help keep bats out! These flying creatures are highly mobile and their small size allows them to get into buildings through holes as small as 1/4 inch, so it's important to have a trained eye help you locate any possible entry points. Our attention to detail helps us stand out from our fellow Cape Cod area wildlife removal companies when it comes to locating potential bat entry points.
Bat prevention methods like the following can help keep bats out of your home:
- One-way vents so bats can get out but cannot get back into your attic or other areas
- One of the biggest ways to discourage bats from coming to your property is prevention methods.
- Sealing vents
- Fixing cracks
- Installing and/or fixing flashing
- The only surefire way to keep bats out is to perform full exclusion—something a professional like those at Critter Control of Cape Cod can help with.
Bats in the Home: Get Bats Out
- Bats tend to get into homes when they're looking for shelter.
- They like to nest in attics, chimneys, and the walls because they emulate caves, their natural environment.
- One of the biggest problems with bats in the home is the number of droppings they will accumulate in your Cape Cod area attic, in your chimney, or in the walls.
- Bat droppings will create a terrible stench and difficult stains. These droppings can be carrying many disease spores, like histoplasmosis.
- Even though they have a bad reputation for carrying rabies, not even one-half percent actually carries the disease.
- In order to keep bat colonies from roosting in attics, proper precautions should be taken to cover or seal all vents, holes, chimneys, windows, and gaps leading inside homes.
Full-Service Bat Removal in Cape Cod, MA
Because bats are protected by various state and federal laws, it is important that the removal of bats from your home be performed by a bat expert. Critter Control of Cape Cod is trained to humanely remove any bat problems plaguing residential and commercial properties. Because bats are disease carriers, it's vital that humans (especially untrained) do not handle bats. These critters have a tendency to scratch and bite when they're threatened and humans are easy targets for injuries from bats.
Critter Control of Cape Cod can help control bat problems in your home. Call today! Learn more about our Cape Cod service area here.Request a Quote