Flying Squirrel Removal Services
- Flying squirrels become problematic when they move onto lawns and into attics, as they make a lot of sound at night.
- Additionally, their urine smells foul and can carry harmful bacteria.
- Flying squirrels also gnaw on walls, structural support beams and wires.
Getting Rid of Flying Squirrels in Cape Cod
Property owners can make modifications to homes and yards to ensure the surrounding area is less favorable to flying squirrels, including the following:
- Close up all possible entry points to homes by covering small openings, sealing cracks, replacing broken window screens and door screens and adding protective screens to vents and chimneys.
- Remove possible sources of food by fitting indoor and outdoor trash bins with tightly sealed lids.
- Finally, restrict flying squirrel access to roofs by trimming tree branches that hang over or are close to rooftops.
Trapping and Removal
Though humans and flying squirrels are typically able to coexist peacefully, females become aggressive when they feel their territory is threatened. Untrained individuals should never attempt to approach the wild animals as interaction may result in injury. Contact the technicians at Critter Control of Cape Cod for the humane and safe removal of flying squirrels from private property.
We can help you get rid of flying squirrel problems! Call Critter Control of Cape Cod today: 508.690.0076Request a Quote