Brown Rat Removal Services
Brown rats often find their way into buildings, and because they've evolved to survive off human byproducts like trash, fruits, nuts, etc, rats are often found near human-inhabited areas. Though brown rat infestations are common in the Cape Cod area, humans may not even be aware that they have a rat problem because the rodents are predominantly nocturnal. Some common indications of a rat problem include:
- In addition to sullying their surroundings, Norway rats bite and scratch when they feel threatened. Since they transmit several serious diseases, Norway rat bites and scratches leave humans susceptible to any number of viruses, including rat-bite fever, the plague, and lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCMV).
- The rodents may also carry smaller pests like fleas.
- Finally, as skilled burrowers, Norway rats damage building foundations and sidewalks and gnaw on a variety of objects, leaving behind aesthetically displeasing teeth marks.
Keeping Brown Rats Out
- Basic cleaning and hygiene of the living area is pivotal to the prevention of Norway rat infestations.
- Regularly cleaning buildings, sweeping up crumbs, and mopping liquid spills all reduce the possibility of attracting the rodents.
- Fitting trash bins with lids, sealing food in rodent-proof containers, removing clutter from basements and attics, sealing any holes in building foundations, and replacing broken window screens helps ward off Norway rats, as well.
Rat Trapping & Rat-Proofing in Cape Cod
Once rodent infestations are established, property owners should act as soon as possible to remove the rodents becausepopulations as Norway rats multiply quickly. Contacting pest control professionals ensures the rodents are eliminated in ways that are safe for both the animals and the people involved. Our trained Critter Control technicians have the necessary tools to eradicate Norway Rats and are simply a phone call away. We can help you get rid of your Norway rat problems. Call Critter Control of Cape Cod today: (508) 690-0076. Reach us through our contact form here.Request a Quote