Opossum Removal Services
Opossums can indeed find their way into homes, though it is usually by accident. The most common residential area for opossums to be found is under porches, sheds, decks, and piles of brush. When searching for their preferred diet, opossums target garbage cans, gardens, pet foods and compost piles.
In order to keep opossums out of yards and homes, a number of habitat modification efforts can be employed, including, but not limited to the following:
- Remove overgrown shrubs and grasses to limit hiding places.
- Bring pet food in from the outdoors and secure trash can lids to limit food sources.
- Finally, building fences around gardens can restrict the pest's access to easy meals.
Problems with Opossums
- As is the case with most wildlife animals, opossums can become aggressive when they are cornered. They will bite, scratch, bare their teeth and hiss in order to escape.
- Pets and people alike may be harmed in the presence of aggressive opossums and are then susceptible to the diseases they carry, such as tuberculosis, tularemia and Chagas disease.
- Additionally, the marsupials can be infested with parasites such as fleas, mites and lice.
Opossum Trapping & Removal in Cape Cod
As opossums carry various diseases and have sharp teeth and claws, individuals should never try to trap the animal without professional assistance. Critter Control of Cape Cod's opossum removal technicians have the proper training, knowledge, and tools to capture and remove pest opossums from Cape Cod area homes and businesses. We can help you get rid of opossum problems. Call Critter Control of Cape Cod today: (508) 690-0076.
We are proud to offer service to the following areas of Cape Cod: Falmouth, Eastham, Bourne, Yarmouth, Harwich, Barnstable, and Sandwich.Request a Quote