Removing Ground Squirrels
- While their diet includes several harmful insects and their presence can be considered beneficial, ground squirrels still eat a variety of both cash crops and ornamental plants, which earns them a notorious reputation with farmers and gardeners.
- Their burrowing leaves holes in the ground that can make mowing difficult, dehydrate tree roots, and weaken the foundation of structures.
- Ground squirrels can also host parasitic ticks, lice, mites, and fleas.
- Though they are not typically interested in entering buildings, ground squirrels are capable of making their way inside manmade structures via chimneys, broken window and door screens, vents, and other large openings.
Ground Squirrel Control and Safety
- Though fences typically guard against the foraging of crop pests, ground squirrels are adept diggers and often burrow under such barriers.
- The cost of and time required to effectively employ baits and traps make them unfavorable options. Habitat modification, such as removing brush piles, is the best method of ground squirrel control as it helps limit their hideouts and makes areas less favorable to nesting.
Trapping and Removal
The best way to control and manage ground squirrels is contacting licensed pest professionals. Specialists eradicate populations both humanely and effectively, as well as find ways to keep the rodents from returning. Critter Control of Cape Cod technicians have the tools, knowledge, and experience to trap and remove ground squirrels in a way that is safe for both the animal and any people involved.
We can help you get rid of ground squirrel problems! Call Critter Control of Cape Cod today: 508.690.0076Request a Quote