Coyotes, a member of the dog family, can be found across the United States, Mexico, and western Canada. These wild animals are fairly shy when it comes to interacting with humans, and they will not get into human-inhabited areas unless they offer other prizes for the animal. Regardless, they are not a wildlife foe you want near your loved ones or your livestock. Call our Cape Cod technicians today at 508.690.0076 or contact us HERE for more information on coyote removal!
Coyote Removal Services
- Coyotes' inclination is to be wary and naturally shy of humans. They typically are only active at night or in the early morning where humans are present.
- Coyotes will, however, venture onto properties like pastures, fields, backyards or even garbage dumps in search of food.
- In rural areas, coyotes' destruction of livestock is a major concern. Their killing of sheep, cattle, goats, chickens and turkeys results in significant losses for the agricultural industry each year.
- Human attacks are very rare and result in little to no serious damage when they do occur. However, coyotes are known carriers of dangerous diseases and parasites that afflict humans and animals, including rabies, distemper, parvovirus, mange mites and fleas.
Control and Safety
Several effective measures may be employed to keep coyotes away from livestock.
- Erecting fences can be useful as long as they have overhangs at the top and barbed wire along the bottom. Coyotes are capable jumpers, known to scale fences eight feet high and to dig under unsecured fencing.
- Employing the use of guard dogs, donkeys, or llamas as protectors of livestock can be effective, but whenever possible, herd animals into enclosed spaces at night.
Coyote Trapping and Removal in Cape Cod
We do not recommend that you approach wild coyotes. Although physically similar to dogs, coyotes are not domesticated animals and will bite if cornered or threatened. Individuals should always allow trained wildlife professionals, like the technicians at Critter Control of Cape Cod, to handle any infestations. Critter Control's coyote experts are available to help manage and eliminate unwanted coyote problems.
We can help you get rid of coyote problems. Call Critter Control of Cape Cod today: 508.690.0076Request a Quote